Our Online Subscriptions (Electronic Databases)...
Access to Online Resources
Digital resources specially online subscriptions of UP Manila are restricted and may only be accessed by UP Manila constituents through IP authentication. This involves that only computers attached to UP Manila network are allowed to access subscribed e-resources. Some of the databases need user and password to be accessed remotely. You may obtain the remote User Password from your College Librarians, otherwise, apply for the Virtual Private Network (VPN) remote access service to enable you to access the e-resources from outside of U.P. Manila's network.
Embargo Periods for Online Journals
A length of time that publishers can make authors wait before they are allowed to make their material online or open access. For example, if an author publishes an article in a non-open access journal, the publisher may agree to a version of the article being made available green open access but not until, say, 12 months after the journal has published the article first. The length of embargo periods varies. In general, embargo of between 6 months and 24 months are common to allow publishers to try to sell more print copies before making the the full text available online .
List of individual e-journals subscriptions of UP Manila (full-text access coverage in parenthesis) :
- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (1952-current: embargo 1 year)
- American Journal of Public Health (1911-current) Content older than 2 years is open access.
- Australian Occupational Therapy Journal (2011-current)
- The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal (1990-current; Archive: 1964-1989)
- Health Education and Behavior (1998-current)
- Health Education Journal (1999-current)
- International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism (2012-2014)
- International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health (2000-current: Open Access)
- International Journal of Language & Communication Disorders (2011-current)
- International Journal of Therapies and Rehabilitation Research (2012-current)
- Journal of American Physical Therapy Association (1999-current: embargo 1 year)
- Journal of Contemporary Asia (2008-2014)
- Journal of Health and Social Behavior (2004-current)
- Journal of Health Economics (1982-current: Open Access)
- Journal of Occupational Science (1997-current)
- Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy (JOSPT) (1979 vol.1 - 2012 vol. 42:7) Content older than 3 years are open access
- Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences (2013-2014)
- Physical Therapy (1980-current: embargo 1 year) Content older than 12 months is open access.
- Physical Therapy Reviews (2011-2014)
- Trends in Parasitology (2001-current: Open Access)