Memorandum No. PAEP 13-41: Mandatory Holiday Break 2013
Let us all enjoy the Yuletide season with our family and loved ones. A mandatory holiday break will ensure the promotion of work and life balance for UP faculty and staff, generate savings in utilities and maintenance, as well as encourage administrative efficiency in planning and scheduling work.
Please disseminate and exercise due diligence for compliance with the following guidelines:
1. Mandatory holiday break period: 19, 20, 23, 26 and 27 December 2013 (5 working days)
2. Kindly plan and schedule your work to ensure that all transactions and the relevant required reports are completed by Wednesday, 18 December 2013.
3. All offices will be closed during the mandatory holiday break period except for units which need to operate with a small number of essential employees (examples: university health services, security and police services, sanitation, emergency campus maintenance and sanitation, PABX).
4. Ensure safety and security of offices and building premises.
For employees reporting for work: computation of leave credits
1. Employees who exhausted their mandatory leave credits for 2013 shall charge these against their accumulated vacation leave credits.
2. Those with accumulated vacation leave of less than 10 days shall have the option whether or not to go on forced leave. However, officials and employees with accumulated vacation leave of 15 days who availed of monetization for 10 days shall still be required to go on forced leave (Reference: esc MC No. 41 s. 1998).
3. Those who need to report for work must be given the appropriate tasks and submit the reports, or deliver the expected work outputs. A certification from the immediate supervisor that the assigned tasks were done should be attached to the Daily Time Record (DTR) or Certificate of Service (COS) for December 2013.
Alfredo E. Pascual
To download a copy of the memorandum, please click here.